This is the first webinar in our 2016 webinar series and introduces you to the App Builder and how to build apps with Ionic/AngularJS.
In this video you will learn:
- How to create a new Ionic app
- Learn about various views inside the App Builder for Ionic and AngularJS
- How to build an app connected to a cloud database
- How to build the app UI using the Design view
- How to map data between scope and services using the visual Mapping view
- How to bind data between scope and page using the visual Binding view
- How to test the app quickly in the browser
Check out this video now:
To learn more how to build apps fast, go to our YouTube channel.
API Express visual editor
Appery.io API Express make it fast and simple to connect to an enterprise data source and expose it via a REST API. With API Express you can quickly create an API for:
- Relational database.
- WSDL service (SOAP).
- REST API. Connecting to an existing REST API allows you to apply logic to the response. For example, you can filter the result and only return the data needed to the client.
In this tutorial I’m going to show how to expose an existing WSDL service as a REST API and then build a mobile using the API.
Appery.io platform provides a cloud database for storing any app data. The database also has a built-in user management feature. This means if your apps needs user login or user registration – this capability is available out-of-the-box.
Appery.io database built-in user management
The Users collection has two default columns: username and password. In most cases you will need to store additional users information such as email, address, or anything else. One option is to create additional custom columns in the Users collection. Another option is to store any user information in a different database collection and then link the Users collection to that collection. In this blog post I’m going to show you how use a separate collection to store user information and how use Pointer column type to link the two collections.
As the end of the year approaches, I wanted to reflect on what we accomplished together. It was great year for enterprise mobility and we’re proud to have led the charge, raising the bar for cross device applications. We’re confident that our platform will build upon the success we experienced in 2015 and continue to be the top choice for developers creating powerful apps across all device types and screen sizes. We can’t wait to see what’s to come in 2016!
Let’s take a look back at some of the highlights from 2015:
- We just announced that the Appery.io platform has surpassed 300,000 developers. The growth of Appery.io is a testament to the company’s commitment to product development, performance and to its customers. Unlike its competitors, Appery.io appeals to both enterprise IT and “citizen developers” in the lines of business. This is further proof to the value of an agile cloud-based, end-to-end platform.
- Last month, we announced our new Automatic App Update capability, which enables developers to update an application without having to resubmit it to app stores. Prior to this advancement, developers were required to wait up to two weeks for their updated apps to be approved and available on the app store, even longer if initially rejected. Now, after initial submission, updates are made automatically.
- In July 2015, we announced integration with Ionic SDK and Appery.io. This enabled developers to build hybrid HTML5 mobile apps with the same user experience of a native application, accelerating time to market, and nearly eliminating the need to build expensive, fully native apps in the enterprise.
- In June we acquired Verivo Software’s major assets further cemented Appery.io’s position as a leading app development platform for the enterprise with an end-to-end solution that is agile and meets the needs of both IT and the lines of business within the enterprise.
Next year promises to be an exciting time for enterprises looking to go mobile and it’s important for them to choose a platform that is backed by a large developer community. Our team is constantly looking ahead to where the industry is going and how we can best equip our customers to compete. Stay tuned for our continued updates.
Originally published on Appery.io blog.
In this webinar you will learn how to use plugins to make mobile app development faster. The webinar covers:
- Running and testing existing app that uses Server Code to invoke Uber Products API.
- How to export the entire app as a plugin
- How to select particular pages or services to export as a plugin
- How to export the entire app as an app template plugin
- How to manage existing plugins
- How to import a plugin into your app
- How to create a new app based on template plugin
We have many other videos on how to build apps fast on our YouTube channel.
Every app created in Appery.io comes with Apache Cordova library installed. This means you have access to device APIs such as the Camera, Contacts, Geolocation and more. Now it’s also very simple to add any 3rd party Cordova plugin to your app. The Appery.io team introduced a new wizard that allows you to install any Cordova plugin.
In addition to making it simple to install any Cordova plugin, there is a new visual service build for API Express to create custom services connected to enterprise data source.
Custom service logic
Plus, you can now drag and drop a service into AngularJS scope editor and the service invocation code will be automatically inserted. Learn more about this and more from the Appery.io blog.
In this webinar you will learn how to build a complete mobile app without writing a single line of code. This video tutorial covers:
- Using a plugin that provides the following:
- Login and registration pages.
- A page where the signed in user can add any items to the database. The records in the database are only visible to the signed in user.
- Setting up a database with security.
- Using Barcode scanner native API.
- Setting up Push Notifications.
- Testing the app on the device using the Appery.io Tester app.
Liked this video and want to learn how to build apps fast? View our recent webinars.
Quickly learn how to expose a relational database via REST APIs. In this video you will learn:
- How to connect to an external SQL database
- How to expose the database via REST APIs
- How to test the REST APIs
- How to create a custom service using the visual flow editor
- How to generate APIs in the app
Liked this video? We have many other videos on how to build mobile apps fast on our YouTube channel.
Sending push message