A reader asked me to provide plain JSF and RichFaces template to run on JBoss AS. As JBoss AS already comes with JSF libraries, just delete the two JSF Jars (jsf-api.jar, jsf-impl.jar) and you will be ready to go. Or, follow the steps below to download and import the project. Again, this is just plain JSF/RichFaces project, no Seam, Hibernate, JPA. It’s a good starting point if you want to try RichFaces.
How to import
I tested this on Eclipse 3.5 with JBoss Tools. I will assume that you already have JBoss AS registered in Eclipse.
- Download the the template file
- In Eclipse, select File/Import
- Select General/Existing Project into Workspace, click Next
- Check ‘Select archive file:’ option
- Click Browser… and point to the downloaded file
- Click Finish
- Deploy the project to JBoss AS.
- Run the application, you should see “Hello, looks like it’s working” message (image below).