This week I attended the awesome Gluecon 2014 conference. Here are some of the (my) most interesting and memorable tweets from the conference.
I will be at Glue Conference tomorrow and Thursday. What is Gluecon? It’s a very nice developer oriented conference (from their website):
Cloud, DevOps, Mobile, APIs, Big Data — all of the converging, important trends in technology today share one thing in common: developers. Developers are the vanguard. Developers are building in the cloud, building mobile applications, utilizing and building APIs, and working with big data. At the end of the day, developers are the core.
I like a small conference atmosphere. A small conference allows to have more conversations, discussions, and networking. If you are at the conference and would like to meet and chat about APIs, mobile development, adding your API plugin into Appery.io — just ping me.
There are a number of interesting sessions and I’m planning to attend:
- DevOps vs the Enterprise: What we Can Learn From Mainframe by Mike Baukes, ScriptRock
- Creating Apps with Beacons, Brian Wilson, Kinvey
- Death to Cookies, Long Live Tokens – Matias Woloski & Eugenio Pace, Auth0
- The New Development Experience Mark VanderWiele, IBM
- 10 Reasons Why Developers Hate Your API (And What to Do About It), John Musser
- MobileDevOps: Mobile Apps, APIs and DevOps, Alex Gaber, Crittercism
- Seamless Innovation: A New Cloud Reality for App Development Ramiro Berrelleza, ElasticBox
- APIs.json and API Discovery on the Web, Steven Willmott and Kin Lane
- Creating APIs in the Enterprise Sumit Sharma, Mulesoft
- Flynn: Building the Ideal Developer Platform – Jeff Lindsay, Digital Ocean
View the rest of the agenda.
Hope to see you there.
This video shows:
- Sending SMS message with AT&T API
- Saving the message into Appery.io database
What’s new in Appery.io platform webinar
Wednesday, April 30, 11am Pacific Time
What you will learn
Learns what’s new in Appery.io. We will cover the the feature such as server-side jobs, the new Customer Console, and other new features.
Register for this webinar
AT&T Bootstrap Week Online Tutorial
Wednesday, April 23, 11–12 PM Pacific Time
Appery.io is the only cloud-based platform with visual development tools and integrated backend services. In this live coding session you will learn how to build a complete mobile app with Appery.io We will create the app UI, add a cloud database, push notifications, and use AT&T APIs. We will then build the app binary with PhoneGap.
What you will learn:
- How to build a jQuery Mobile/PhoneGap mobile app in Appery.io cloud platform
- How to integrate with AT&T APIs
- How to integrated with Appery.io mobile backend (mBaaS)
- How to test, build and deploy the mobile app
Register for this online tutorial
This webinar will demonstrate the following:
- Creating a push-enabled app in Appery.io
- Using channels to send messages to specific users
- Sending messages from 3rd apps using push API
If you want to try this app, head over to Appery.io blog: Building a GPS tracking app with Appery.io and download the app backup.