I will be at Bay Area Enterprise Mobile App Development meetup on October 23, 2014 showing how to build great apps with Appery.io. Hope you can be there.
Using APIs and cloud tools for rapid mobile app development
Gone are the days where you can afford to take months to build an enterprise mobile app. In today’s fast market, you need to be able to prototype the app in a few days, release the first version in a few weeks, get feedback, fix bugs, release the second version. Repeat. In this session you will learn how to use APIs and cloud platform for rapid mobile development. We will use the Appery.io mobile platform to build a real app. This is a live coding session where you will be able to test the app on your phone, and we will package the app for iOS/Android.
Thursday, October 23, 2014, 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM
Beer and pizza
Yes, I want free beer and learn how to build enterprise mobile apps
This webinar shows how to expose legacy enterprise systems via REST APIs using RESTXpress. The video covers:
- How to expose a relational database via REST API
- How to expose a web service via REST API
- How to build a mobile app in Appery.io with the exposed REST APIs
This is a recording of the webinar we did with our friends from Orchestrate. This video shows how to build a Contacts mobile app in Appery.io connected to Orchestrate database.
Here’s what’s covered:
- An overview of Orchestrate features and dashboard
- Inserting sample data into the Orchestrate database from the dashboard
- Appery.io platform overview
- Creating app UI using the visual drag and drop editor
- Connecting to the Orchestrate database via REST APIs
- Binding the REST API services to pages using the visual binding editor
- Testing the app
- Publishing as a mobile web and building a binary for Android
In this joint webinar by Orchestrate and Appery.io, learn how to quickly build enterprise mobile apps. Orchestrate is a managed database service that lets developers add key-value stores, search, graphing, and time-ordered events to their apps with a simple API. Appery.io is the leading cloud-based mobile development platform. We are collaborating to simplify creating and deploying enterprise mobile apps connected to an API back end. Register for our joint webinar in which we’ll build a complete app in real-time, followed by a Q&A session.
Thursday, September 11, 2014
10:00 AM Pacific Time
This is a joint Appery.io and SOA Software webinar.
The webinar covers:
- How to rapidly build a mobile app with APIs in the cloud
- Taking an unsecure REST API and securing it with SOA Gateway (OAuth 2)
- Building a mobile app in Appery.io with the secured REST API
- The value of having an integrated API management and mobile development environment
This webinar video shows an overview of Appery.io features. The apps demonstrates a business app idea where an Agent (person) has Account(s) assigned to him/her. When a new Account is added, the Agent running the app may assign the Account to him/her self. Server code script is used to check of new Accounts every 5-minutes and send a push notification to all Agents letting them know that new Accounts are there and unassigned
The webinar covers:
- Building app UI with the help of templates for easy reuse
- Creating and connecting to a cloud database via REST APIs
- Using out-of-the-box User Management for login and registration
- Using pointer data type
- Using Customer Console for easy app backend access (access app backend via friendly console)
- Sending push notifications to the phone
- Running the app on Android phone
- Using Server Code for custom app logic (checking what Accounts are not assigned yet)
- Using Server Code scheduler to run the script every 5-minutes and send a push notification if new Accounts are available
Amit Jotwani (Mashery), and I will be at CodeJunkies meetup (Livingston, NJ) to show you how to build to build mobile apps with Mashery APIs and the Appery.io cloud development platform. Amit will describe the Mashery API management platform. And Max will then build an HTML5/PhoneGap mobile app connected to Mashery-managed APIs, and show the available API plugins. We will then build/deploy the app. This is a live coding session where attendees will be able to test the app as it’s being built.
Thursday, August 28, 2014
Want to go
Join and RSVP