Download this document as PDF to send or show your manager.
|JSF and RichFaces||2-3 days|
|RichFaces 3 to RichFaces 4||1-2 days|
Note: If your team is new to JSF or would like a slower pace, each training can be extended by 1 or more days and material covered can be easily customized for your requirements.
If you have any questions, please contact me at:
Why training makes sense?
Because in just 1, 2 or 3 days we can get your entire team up to speed with JSF and RichFaces. I think training is much better than your developers searching for various features and answers on the Internet.
I have realized that many people who are using RichFaces and JSF without really understanding the core features and concepts. Without this understanding, you won’t be able to fully utilize the framework. For example, many are still not clear how a4j:region tag is used. After some trial and error, almost everyone gets their application to work in some form eventually; however, they often still don’t understand why it works. Lastly, why go with Exadel? Well, we are the creators of RichFaces. No one knows RichFaces better than us.
JSF training, 1-2 days
JSF training starts with a very simple JSF project and continuously building on it by learning and adding new features. It’s basically a live lab, everyone is building the application at the same time. We are using Eclipse with JBoss Tools as the IDE. Most topics are covered by a hands-on example. Material covered:
- EL (Expression Language)
- Resource bundles
- Managed beans usage and configuration (incl. injection of control)
- JSF UI components
- JSF Core tags
- Conversion, validation, custom conversion and validation
- Events (value change events, action events, immediate attribute)
- Understanding JSF life cycle phases, creating and using a phase listener. You will have a very deep understanding of the JSF life cycle and how it’s effected with the immediate attribute
- Binding to component instance (binding attribute)
RichFaces, 1-2 days
We start by building a simple JSF applications. We take this applications and add various AJAX functionality such as sending an Ajax request and learning how to do partial page re rendering. This example while simple, will cover about 70% of the concepts behind RichFaces. JSF life cycle phase tracker and a4j:log will be used to demonstrate the concepts.
- RichFaces concepts
- Sending an Ajax request
- a4j:commandButton, a4j:commandLink
- Important attributes such as bypassUpdates, limitToList
- Partial view (page) rendering
- reRender attribute
- a4j:outputPanel (ajaxRendered attribute)
- Partial view (page) processing
- a4j:region (renderRegionOnly, selfRendered attributes)
- ajaxSingle attribute
- process attribute
- onclick, onsubmit, obeforedomupdate, oncomplete attributes
- Controlling traffic
- Sending an Ajax request
- More a4j: tags
- a4j:repeat (with ajaxKeys attribute)
- rich: tags
- Inputs, in-place edit
- Validation (Hibernate Validator)
- Data iteration
- Using out-of-the-box skins
- Creating custom skins
- Loading different skins in runtime
- Overwriting styles generated by skins
JSF and RichFaces, 2-3 days
JSF and RichFaces training combined. We will spend about 50% on JSF and 50% on RichFaces. For slower pace, the course can also be completed in 4 days.
RichFaces 3 to RichFaces 4, 1 day
RichFaces 4 is not only JSF 2 based, but also undergoing a major upgrade on the framework level. Many components are being rewritten to increase performance, reduce markup size, and make them consistent across the board. RichFaces 4 is a major upgrade and brings many improvements:
- Ajax framework improvements extending the JSF 2 specification
- Component review for consistency, usability, and redesign following semantic HTML principles
- Both server-side and client-side performance optimization
- Strict code clean-up and review
- New and easy to use CDK (Component Development Kit)
Although core Ajax concepts are staying the same, RichFaces 4 brings many new changes because it is now based on JSF 2. RichFaces 4 adds many new features on top of JSF 2 through its advanced features, tags, customization, and flexibility. If you have been using RichFaces, this 1-day training will bring your team up to speed with everything new in RichFaces 4.