I get this question a lot: What is the difference between JBoss Developer Studio and JBoss Tools.
You basically get the same set of features and plug-ins (JSF, RichFaces, Seam, Visual page editor, Hibernate, jBPM and more) in JBoss Tools as in JBDS, however, JBDS adds the following:
- An installer
- Eclipse and Web Tools preconfigured
- JBoss EAP with JBoss AS and Seam preconfigured
- 3rd party plugins bundled and configured
- Access to RHEL and Red Hat Network
- Access to the JBoss/Red Hat supported software
This was adopted from Max Anderson’s blog.