After months of promising we have finally moved Exadel Flamingo to exadel.org and released version 2.2.0. exadel.org is our community site for hosting open source projects. Flamingo is a light weight framework for connecting rich web and mobile user interfaces to enterprise back end.
Flamingo connects Seam, Spring, and Java EE 6 (soon via CDI/JSR299) with the following user interfaces:
Version 2.2.0 is updated with Hessian 4 and JavaFX 1.3 support.
Server-side components, methods or services can be easily invoked from the above listed clients with minimal code. Flamingo provides the following features:
- CRUD tools
- Server-side integration
- Calling server components/beans
- Context variable binding/updating
- Conversation support
- Validation (Hibernate Validator)
- EL support (Expression Language)
- Server-side push
- Client push (off line applications)
As you can see from the image above, no matter what client you are using, invoking a method in your enterprise applications looks very similar which allows for great reuse.
How to get started?
- Download Flamingo from http://exadel.org/flamingo.
- The following are good resources to get started or learn more about Flamingo.
- Check out the recent Enterprise JavaFX and Seam series. This series shows most server integration features in separate post and easy to follow examples.
- We want to hear your feedback, please use project Jira or the forum to report bugs or any features you would like to see.