I will be in Vienna, Austria, September 7-9 teaching a 2-day JSF, RichFaces workshop, plus presenting 2 sessions at 1-day conference. The workshop and the conference are co-sponsored by Objective and UNIQA.
The first two days are dedicated to hands-on JSF and RichFaces workshop. This is a great opportunity to learn everything you need to build rich enterprise applications with JSF and RichFaces.
The third day will be run in a conference format where a number of speakers will present on various technologies. You can find the schedule here.
Day 1 & 2 – JSF/RichFaces Workshop
Day 1: JSF
This is a hands-on workshop (no slides!), we will spend most of the time building a JSF application.
- JSF UI components
- JSF Core components
- Managed beans and configuration
- Conversation and validation
- Events (value change, action)
- JSF life cycle
Day 2: RichFaces
We will cover the new RichFaces 4 and demonstrate advanced features, tags, customization and richness it adds on top of JSF 2. We will spend most of the time running and building examples (no slides!)
- JSF Ajax features concepts
- Sending an Ajax request
- Partial view rendering
- Partial view processing
- RichFaces a4j:* tag library
- RichFaces rich:* tag library
- RichFaces client validation
- RichFaces Skins
Day 3: 1-Day Conference
Last day is a conference format with the following sessions:
- RichFaces 4 (Max Katz, Exadel)
- Integration of JSF 2 applications in Portlet 2.0 Portals (Thomas Kestler, Objective)
- RichFaces 4 rolling to Mobile Era (Lukáš Fry?, Red Hat)
- Building Mobile Web and Native Apps in the Cloud (Max Katz, Exadel)
- What is ADF, how to build its first application, advantages and disadvantages, integration
- with EJB/JPA2.0 (Thomas Kestler, Objective)
- Testing JSF with Arquillian and Selenium (Lukáš Fry?, Red Hat)
- JSF Experience Report (Herbert Dowalil, UNIQA)
You can see the full schedule here.
Conference only € 99, – per participant
Workshop only € 199, – per participant
Workshop and conference € 249, – per participant
Don’t wait, register today!