A few weeks ago I promised to publish a tutorial on how to build a mobile app and connect it to Parse backend.
You can get the full tutorial here.
You really have to try it yourself building a mobile app in Tiggzi app builder and connecting it to Parse mobile backend is amazingly easy. You can literally build a real mobile app in about 30 minutes. Creating the actual backend is fast as well, takes about 2 minutes. Any backend object is instantly available via REST API and then used in the mobile app.
Here is a general outline of the tutorial:
- Sign up for Parse and create the mobile backend. The mobile backend object (class) is a list of text messages
- Build the mobile UI with jQuery Mobile and HTML5 (see screen shot below)
- Create and use REST service to load text messages (REST:
https://api.parse.com/1/classes/Words, GET request)
- Create and use REST service to create a new texg message, (REST:
https://api.parse.com/1/classes/Words, POST request)
- Update the mobile UI to include a Delete button (REST:
https://api.parse.com/1/classes/Words/objectId, DELETE request)
- Create and use REST service to delete a text message
- At any step in the tutorial, you can test the actual app in Web browser
- Optionally, update the look and feel of the app
The final app looks like this: