This tutorial will show you how to build an Android app in about 5 minutes and install it on a device.
- Sign up for Appery.io Starter (free) plan
- Create a new app by entering its name and clicking the Create button:
- Build the mobile UI:
Make the changes shown in Properties and make sure to rename the menu component.
- Update Options for the drop-down list:
- Select the button and open Events tab
var times = Appery("menu").val(); navigator.notification.beep(times);
This is Apache Cordova (PhoneGap) API to make the device beep x-number of times. As you are a building a hybrid app, you get access to all Apache Cordova API.
- Now let’s start the Android binary build. Click Export > .apk for Android:
- After a few seconds, you will be able to scan a QR code and install the app on your device (the file will also be saved on your computer):
If you don’t have a QR code scanner app, you can email the downloaded file to your phone.
- Run and test the app. Select the number of beeps and click the button.
Another way to test the app without installing it on the device is to use the Appery.io Tester available on Google Play.