IBM Developer SF team hosts weekly online meetups on various topics. Online events are one of the best ways to scale your Developer Relations program and reach developers anywhere, anytime and for a long time after the event.
The following online meetups we hosted in July 2019 with links to watch the recordings. I also encourage you to join our meetup so you will always know when our online meetups are scheduled. Our meetups are hosted by the wonderful Lisa Jung 👋.
⭐️ A moderator using NLP, VR and Serverless (July 10, 2019)
In this online meetup with Upkar Lidder developers learned:
- Natural Language Understanding: how to detect different sentiments and emotions in text sent in Slack channels
- Visual Recognition: how to detect offensive images sent in Slack channels
- Apache OpenWhisk: how to glue together different pieces and create a complete application
⭐️ Knative – bringing serverless to your Kubernetes cluster (July 17, 2019)
In this online meetup with Nima Kaviani developers learned about Knative.
Kubernetes by large has won the platforms’ war. However, for an application developer, the details of getting an application up and running on Kubernetes is beyond what they need to care about. Efforts of implementing Serverless on top of Kubernetes aim at making the user experience simpler by removing the unnecessary complexities of Kubernetes.
In this talk we discussed Knative as one of the major efforts in implementing Serverless on top of Kubernetes. You will learn the user experience, and deployment experience through real life examples.
⭐️ The Intersection of Quantum Computing, Artificial Intelligence and Cryptography (July 17, 2019)
Many experts refer to Quantum Computing as the next growth field for processors and infrastructure. Quantum has the potential to revolutionize the way data is encrypted, decrypted, processed and queried, and applies a new processing paradigm to extant problem spaces.
But how much of this is buzz words and hype, and how much is implementable? Watch this online meetup with Dave Nugent to learn and cover these topics:
- The History of AI Research
- Quantum Theory
- Frameworks & Projects
- Building a Quantum Program
- AI Applications
- Future Predictions
⭐️ Getting started with IBM Blockchain Platform 2.0 in the IBM Cloud (July 31, 2019)
In this onilne meetup with Lennart Frantzell developers learned about:
- IBM Blockchain Platform in the IBM Cloud
- IBM Blockchain Platform Extension for VS Cod
- How to develop, package, and test client applications and Smart Contracts on our laptops, before pushing the code up to the IBM Blockchain Platform.