IBM Developer SF team hosts weekly online meetups on various topics. Online events is one of the best ways to scale your Developer Relations program and reach developers anywhere, anytime and for a long time after the event.
The following online meetups we hosted in the month of March with links to watch the recordings. I also encourage you to join our meetup so you will always know when our online meetups are scheduled. All online meetups are hosted by the wonderful Lisa Jung 👋.
✔️ Serverless Java – Mobile Serverless Backend as a Service (March 6, 2019)
In this online meetup Marek Sadowski taught developers about:
- Who are the players in the Serverless ecosystem?
- What are some use cases for Serverless solutions – with MBaaS as one of them
- Best practices for the Serverless architecture for MBaaS
- Whether going Serverless is really faster, better, cheaper for developers and organizations
- Live coding examples using Java and Android
Watch the recording 📺
Continue reading “GraphQL, Application Modernization, Serverless, Blockchain and more – March 2019 Online Meetups Recordings”
Curious about serverless/function-as-a-service/cloud functions technologies, but haven’t had a chance to dig in? Wondering what all the excitement is about? Serverless doesn’t mean no servers. It’s a new way to build modern applications. Watch this video to learn more about this new approach to building modern applications. The video covers:
- The current state of the serverless ecosystem & major players
- Recognized ideal use cases for serverless solutions
- Best practices for serverless architecture
- Good sources of information to keep abreast of new developments
- Live coding example
If you want to learn more about this topic, please read this blog post: Serverless – simply an approach to building modern applications?
We are launching a 6-part online meetup series where we will cover technologies and solutions that can greatly help before, during and after a natural disaster. In fact, this webinar series is a part of Call for Code initiative headed by IBM, The Linux Foundation, UN Human Rights, and American Red Cross.
The online meetups are only 30 minutes. If you are up to answering the call and would like to participate in the challenge, the online meetups will cover available resources to help you get started fast and build a solution. Join our online meetups regardless as they fun and educational.
- Evaluate Person’s Pulse Data with Machine Learning
- Wednesday, August 8, 9:30am Pacific Time
- Learn How to Create and Analyze Charts, Graphs, and Maps
- Thursday, August 9, 9:30am Pacific Time
- Learn How to Add Visual Recognition to an iOS App
- Wednesday, August 15, 9:30am Pacific Time
- Translate Written Communications to Improve Information Sharing
- Wednesday, August 22, 9:30am PT
- Build a cellular IoT Asset Tracker with Blockchain
- Thursday, August 29, 9:30am Pacific Time
- Build Financial Networks with Blockchain to Execute Secure Transactions
- Wednesday, September 5, 9:30am Pacific Time
Marek Sadowski and Maya Reyes from the IBM San Francisco City Team hosted a 4-part webinar series on Containers. They covered Containers, Docker, Kubernetes and Istio. The sessions are short, about 30-minutes. Check out the recordings below.
- Introduction to Containers
- Introduction to Docker
- Introduction to Kubernetes
- Introduction to Istio
Check out our upcoming events on Blockchain, Machine Learning, Watson AI, Serverless and more.
Thursday, April 28, 2016.
10:00 AM Pacific Time, 2:00 PM America / Sao_Paulo.
Reserver your spot now.
This is our last webinar in our 2016 Webinar Series. This webinar covered the cloud database. By watching this video you will learn:
- What is Appery.io cloud database and when to use it.
- What are pre-defined collections.
- What are custom collections.
- How to use the database developer console, settings and features.
- How to use the query console to test queries.
- Using and accessing the database from a Server Code script.
Check all other webinar recordings.
This webinar recording covers sending Push Notifications with the Appery.io platform. The video covers:
- Sending Push Notifications from the dashboard
- Sending targeted Push Notifications with channels
- Scheduling a Push Notification
- Using Push Notifications REST API to subscribe to particular targeted messages
- Using Server Code script to send Push Notifications
Learn more from our backend services videos.
This is a 3rd webinar in our 2016 webinar series that shows how to create a custom REST API that’s composed of external REST API, SOAP service and custom logic.
You will learn:
- How to connect to an external REST API
- How to apply custom logic to REST API response
- How to connect to an external SOAP service
- How to pass custom response to SOAP service
- How to create custom REST API response
- How to test the final REST API
Looking for more videos on how to build mobile app fast? Check out our YouTube channel.
Appery.io is the best mobile app development platform out there. Get the most out of it with our webinars. We’ve put together six so far to kick off the new year. The first two cover the most used frameworks on the platform. The next webinar delves into our service for making enterprise assets like SQL databases into REST services. Our last three webinars cover different backend services we offer on the platform that you can use in your apps. Register now and get ready for mobile enlightenment.
|January 20, 2016
||Getting Started with App Builder for Ionic/AngularJS Apps
|February 3, 2016
||Getting Started with App Builder for jQuery Mobile Apps
|February 17, 2016
||Getting Started with API Express for Easy Enterprise Integration
|March 2, 2016
||No Recording Available
|March 16, 2016
||Getting Started Using Push for User Engagement in Your Apps
|March 30, 2016
||Getting Started Using the Appery.io Database in Your Apps
All webinars start at 11am US Pacific time.
Where are recordings of previous webinars?
On this YouTube playlist.
This is the second webinar in our 2016 webinar series and introduces you to the App Builder and how to build apps with jQuery Mobile.
In this video you will learn:
- How to create a new jQuery Mobile app.
- Learn about various views inside the App Builder.
- How to use Cordova Geolocation API to get current device location.
- How to invoke Uber Product API from Server Code.
- Integrate Uber API into the app.
- How to test and share the app.
Check out this video now:
To learn more how to build apps fast, go to our YouTube channel.